Yay for today!

There is lots happening at the strawhouse, this makes me very happy. Very happy indeed. Today is the fist day that I can really see an end in sight. The windows arrived and the boys started fitting them today. Having a window in totally changes the feel of the place- without it it felt far from finished, with it, it feels Kinda complete. Amazing! The plumbers came to start fixing the cladding (where the smurf blue lining is) and I'm not feeling completely sure about our choice now that I'm seeing it in the flesh. Is it too dark? Is the proportion of render to cladding weird? Is it sitting to close to the window tops? Grr- it's so hard to conceptualise all these things and think of every aspect. But hey it's still progress! I'm feeling really excited about the next few months and the lovely visual and creative treats in store. This is the part of the build that I've been waiting for!

Also I had a whole day sans small people to attack some weeds, feed the natives and start mulching the windbreak with the mass of leftover straw. I worked in the garden for a full day! So good.

But possibly best of all, it's raining! Actually raining! First time in months. Hopefully it continues and fills up everyone's tanks and gives the whole town a much needed drink! I hope your day was a good one too ;)










Comments

  1. I. Love. Your. House.
    Don't worry about the cladding etc - it's going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your house is really coming along.
    It all looks in proportion to me.
    Love the big deep window sills.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking fantastic. I too love the deep window sills, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to see when a project comes together! Moreso with you being at the forefront of what color the cladding should be.
    Michelle Johnson @ Dial 1 Plumbing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas and comments are marvelous! Thank you.

Popular Posts